Dental bonding is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures used at Staten Island Dental Care, and it’s not difficult to see why. Dental bonding can remedy a variety of problems.
Bonding uses a very sturdy resin material that is tooth-colored. The material is applied to the teeth while it is soft, much like putty, and then it is set with a special light. This hardens the material which then bonds with the tooth and can be shaped and polished as required.
Dentists will ordinarily consider dental bonding in the following cases:
1. To repair chipped or broken teeth
2. To fill spaces between teeth
3. Protecting teeth after gums recede
4. To change the general shape of teeth
5. To repair discoloration as part of a complete smile redesign
Contact Staten Island Dental Care – Dr. Frederick Hecht:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):