In this post from Staten Island Dental Care, we would like to provide some straightforward tips for maintaining good dental health.
1. Do… take a light touch with yoru toothbrush. You are just cleaning the plaque away before it turns to tartar. A gentle brushing at a forty-five degree angle gently cleans the bacteria away.
Don’t… vigorously scour your teeth and gums until your gums pull back and expose parts of your tooth you don’t want unprotected.
2. Do… remember your gums need to be cared for. Careful brushing and regular flossing can keep your gums healthy and strong.
Don’t… wait to see us about sore or bleeding gums, tooth pain or mouth sores.
3. Do… establish a routine for brushing and flossing that leaves ample time for two full minutes cleaning all the nooks and crannies of your mouth.
Don’t… forget to have a new floss package ready to use when your current one runs out. Waiting days to get to the store for more can delay an essential routine.
4. Do… schedule twice-yearly dental appointments at Staten Island Dental Care! Regular checkups are vital for maintaining a healthy mouth.
Don’t… worry if you don’t have the healthiest of mouths. We can help you get back on track.
5. Do… enjoy your mouth and all the wonders it is capable of.
Don’t… put off coming in to find out about the wide range of dental services we provide.
Contact Staten Island Dental Care – Dr. Frederick Hecht:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):