You may not be able to express why all the elements blend in perfect harmony, but you know it when you see it. I’m talking about a beautiful smile, like you can get with a smile makeover from Staten Island Dental Care. What characteristics are we talking about?
You may be surprised at how many components are taken into consideration when planning for a smile makeover.
Here are a few of the most obvious:
- Tooth Color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline margins: how much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some other vital elements that may be less familiar:
- The portions of the teeth that are visible when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
If crucial design principles are not followed, the smile may look “off” or the function of the teeth and jaw could be adversely affected. For example, a smile transformation executed by an inexperienced cosmetic dentist could change the patient’s bite and put unnecessary stress on the restorations.
Contact Staten Island Dental Care – Dr. Frederick Hecht:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):