We treat all of our patients royally here at Staten Island Dental Care, but some of them receive actual crowns. Not what a king or queen wears, of course, but crowns for their teeth!
Crowns are sometimes called caps, and they’re placed over a tooth to restore its shape and strength, and to improve its overall appearance. They are useful for a many problems. They can:
- Protect weak teeth from decay and breakage
- Hold together a cracked tooth.
- Cover and provide durability to a tooth with a large filling and little structure remaining.
- Restore a broken or worn-down tooth.
- Improve a tooth that is too small or misshapen.
- Cover a tooth with acute discoloration.
- Bolster a tooth following a root canal procedure.
There are different kinds of crowns that serve different purposes. We carry out an extensive examination to ensure the crown you get is perfect for you and your smile. Once they are placed, these restorations can last many years. They are great way to guard and enhance your smile.
At Staten Island Dental Care, dental crowns are among our restorative dentistry procedures. Patients from Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Bayonne also come to us for complete dental implants. Contact us today!