People who are missing teeth have better replacement options than ever before. Implant-supported dentures from Staten Island Dental Care may be the next best thing to getting a third set of teeth.
Implant-supported dentures are dentures held in place with dental implants. They’ve got many advantages over traditional dentures:
- Secure in the mouth—no slipping
- Furnishes up to 100% natural chewing function
- Upper denture doesn’t cover as much of the palate
- Little or no gum irritation
- Doesn’t reduce speaking power
- Strong and durable
- Implants prevent bone loss and “sunken face”
- Allows user to eat any type of food—even steak
- No adhesive required
- Minimally invasive oral surgery for implant placement
What Are The Differences Between Fixed and Removable Implant Dentures?
Fixed implant-retained dentures (sometimes called screw-in) require more implants than the removable type. They can restore 100% chewing function.
Removable implant dentures (sometimes called snap-in) may require just 4 implants to stabilize the upper arch and just 2 for the lower denture. Removable implant-stabilized dentures can restore up to 90% of chewing ability.
To decide which type of implant-supported dentures are right for you, please call us at Staten Island Dental Care to schedule an appointment.
Contact Staten Island Dental Care – Dr. Frederick Hecht:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):