Some of the most popular dental topics discussed in Brooklyn and Staten Island relate to cosmetic dentistry. However, the desire to avoid cavities is still the main reason Manhattan and Bayonne residents visit their dentists, so today the Staten Island dental blog is going to highlight the 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities can also be called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings occur. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should call your Brooklyn, Manhattan, or Bayonne dentist today for an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among children, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is simple. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right and avoid snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Staten Island area, give Staten Island Dental Care – Dr. Frederick Hecht a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around NYC since 1976. We can also answer any questions you have about cosmetic dentistry procedures such as gum contouring and smile makeovers. In addition to the services previously mentioned, ask us about smile makeovers, porcelain veneers, and sedation dentistry.
Contact Staten Island Dental Care – Dr. Frederick Hecht:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
1520 Richmond Ave
Staten Island, NY